As most kiwis do grew up playing rugby, played 1st XV level in Christchurch. Began Judo at age 12 and was promoted to black belt at 18 years old and was a member of the Olympics training squad for 2 years. I naturally progressed to Brazilian Jiujutsu then Mixed Martial Arts, where I have competed internationally and compiled a professional record of 12 wins and 4 losses. Recently, I have got back into Brazilian jiujutsu and fought nearly had 100 total bouts over my Brazilian jiujutsu career.
My experience in the gym is primarily Sport-specific training, Powerlifting, Olympic lifting, Strongman Training, having been a long time training partner of 2x New Zealand’s Strongest Man Reuben De Jong. I am also an avid Highland Games competitor. Currently, studying a Bachelor of Sport to further my understanding in the science and application of strength and conditioning. I believe that training is about the client and what they want to get out of training.
training with no direction will get you nowhere
- NSCA Colorado, USA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Australian Weightlifting Federation LV 1Club Weightlifting License
- Australian Weightlifting Federation LV 1Sports Power Coach License
- NZIHF Lv 3 Fitness
- NZIHF Lv 3 Exercise Prescription
- One on One Jiu Jutsu
- Martial arts/Boxing training
- Power/speed Training
- Olympic lifting
- Deadlift training
- Improving cardio & Weight loss